the past 2 days

Thursday, March 12, 2009

hi everyone,i'm just trying to blog frm my mobile,see if it wrks. the past 2 days have been a blur,starting frm her arrival at the airport up to our current decision of changing our attending team of doctors and transferrng her to medcal city.i hope that wen everythng stabilizes,i can share the story with u guys because u guys are a part of what's keeping me fight,for everyone texting,emailing,sending in their contributions,praying for us- i am thanking you from the bottom of my heart nd in behalf of my family.u knw wat i do?i tel her about ur msgs,the kwentos,the prayers,the support.and although she finds it hard to grasp it all,ol of u got me a smile nd a nod frm her.nd that's ol i ask.nothng more.knowng she's still with me.it's perfectly fine.i'm sory i dnt get to reply to ur emails and txts immediately.i'm just so busy running around.its been 48 hrs of this nd i'm not stopping.i'm doing everythng i can nd puttng ol of my energy into it.because i dnt knw wat wil happen if i stop.its really hard.but she's fightng.super.i wish u cud ol see her.i'm so proud of her.she's smiling and laughng with us.even winking when she saw the cute nurse.hehe.and so i realize,if she's not gvng up,who am i to give in first?il battle this thru nd thru.pls be with me.thank u.

1 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi, I am Mikee, her former co-worker in Stellar. I didn't know about what happened until I got a text message from one of our friends in Stellar last Monday night (April 20). I was so shocked cause I knew that she was over it. And I was happy that she and Ben finally got married. She even informed us that we'd be invited to her church wedding here next year. I'm definitely gonna miss her.

Another thing, I can certainly understand what you have been going through. I was also in your exact position at one point in my life. I also lost my sister last August 28, 2008. She was a year older than me and her name was Michelle. At that time I was still working in Stellar but I had to stop cause that's when my sister got sick. I had to take care of her in the hospital. She had meningitis. But it was resolved so she was advised to be sent home. But after 10 days, she was again rushed to the hospital because she had a seizure. The doctors said she had to undergo a brain operation but unfortunately, she wasn't a candidate for that operation anymore because of how weak her condition was. So there was nothing that we could do. In the ER, she was declared that she's in coma. And just like what you did, I never left her. She never woke up for 8 days...and those were the last 8 days of her life. She passed away on the 28th of August. Caren knew that my sister died. She'd always send me messages thru cellphone, friendster and facebook. She told me she wanted to visit me but she just couldn't because of her condition. And I could understand that. I mean despite of her sickness, she made me feel that she was beside me. She'd always tell me to keep my faith and be strong. You are right, she was a fighter, and I am so proud of Caren.

Post a Comment

 
Caren, Cancer and Me. Design by Pocket